Today I am doing something completely different from my usual cards and/or scrapbook layouts. Christmas is not too far away and I have been inspired by the lovely ornaments featured in the Product Launch Guide from Close to My Heart on page 44 (Aus/NZ version).
For my ornaments I have used last month’s Stamp of the Month set Scandinavian Wishes heart image and lots of different colour inks. Here is my efforts:
They are really easy to do and the hardest part was picking colours to stamp with. Here is a quick tutorial for you to make your own.
1) Using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge cut out the heart shapes at 2 inches. I have used the fill option to fill the entire sheet and cut out 25 hearts.
2) Stamp the heart image on four shapes.
3) I used my Fiskars trimmer scoring blade (but you can use a ruler and scoring blade or whatever you have available) score down the middle of the heart and then fold the heart in half with the stamped image towards the middle.
4) On one half of a heart use a good strong glue – I have used CTMH Bonding Memories glue which bonds really quickly and then put the 2nd heart onto it and try to get it matching as much as you can.
5) Glue the other half of the heart and place the third heart onto the ornament.
6) Glue the last two sides and place the final heart onto it and making sure that you get it as close as possible to the centre of the hearts.
7) Using a piercing tool pierce a hole at the top of the hearts and then using a needle thread your string through (I have used bakers twine) and tie a knot at the base of the heart and one at the end of the twine to enable you to hang your ornament on your Christmas tree.
Voila a Christmas tree ornament!
It is so easy and I hope that you can give it a go as well.
Stamp of the Month set – Scandinavian Wishes
Next week will be our next Australasian blog hop featuring this month’s Stamp of the Month Set – ‘Illuminate’. I can’t wait to see what everyone has done with this stamp set.
Have a good week and see you next weekend.
12 thoughts on “Christmas is Coming!”
What a fab idea Patricia, they look really cool! I think they would like nice hanging in front of a window too. 🙂 xx
Thanks Amanda – a little bling and sparkles would make it even better in front of a window.lol 🙂 xxx
Oh definitely! Love a bit of bling 😀 xx
Thank you Raewyn. These are so easy to make – especially now that I have my Cricut! 🙂
On my dream list. Looking up for cutting fabric
What a shame you are not a paper crafter as CTMH have got a special deal for the Cricut machines.
I would probably do more with a machine. Can still do the same with fabrics. Especially for quilting and cutting the shapes. Am beginning to hate that. Hard on my hands. Does help if have new blade.
I love my Cricut – I put on FB that my husband has a rival for his affections! It is so easy to do multiple cuts at once and I can even use the offcuts to put as backgrounds on my scrapbook layouts.
Saw that. Am busy sewing and knitting. Sold two more outfits today. Also doing maternity clothes for Ruth’s boss. No time for much else at moment.
Ok. Busy papercrafting.
Pingback: CTMH Artiste Baby mobile | patriciamanhire