To add the glitter to the background I adhered a sheet of the Stick It sheet to the mauve cardstock and then using the plain oval die cut from the Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval dies I cut out the oval. I removed the backing to the paper and added the Decorative Oval die cut to the sticky oval. I then sprinkled the glitter over the whole piece.
The result is a lovely glittery background to the piece. This photo does show a little of the lovely sparkle.
I was supposed to be making some masculine cards yesterday but I had to get an idea out of my head and sometimes you just have to let your creativity have a free rein. I belong to a couple of Facebook groups for cardmaking and this particular embossing folder from All Occasions is a very sought after piece of cardmaking tools. I managed to get one last year but haven’t had much time to play around with it. I had seen some gorgeous cards made from it and just had to have a go.
I have stamped the images onto vellum using the Stampendous Aged Ivory embossing powder which is just gorgeous. I then turned the images over and using a sponge dauber I have used Memento Toffee Crunch and sponged the colour lightly on the back. This is what it looks like on the front of the flowers.
2. I then die cut the flowers and using my fingers I squeezed the petals together to create some shape in the flowers.
This week I am featuring a couple of cards I made yesterday with a combination of Sue Wilson Dies, Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret stamps and dies and a die from Tattered Lace. I love the look of the stitched frames and the lattice work on this card.
I have never used this combination of cream and white before but it does work well and makes a very elegant card.
I have had a couple of busy weeks and finally got a chance to do some crafting in the last couple of days. I have been focusing on the All Glammed Up range from Heartfelt Creations to have samples ready for the Paper Arts Show in Wellington in August and the Wedding Show in Wellington in September. I have almost finished off my flip fold album with all the white covered and all I need to do is the finishing touches. I have also done a layout and some cards. I have used one paper pack which has gone a long way and I still have lots of paper for making cards over the next few weeks.
First up is the layout that I have done featuring one of my wedding photos. I love this paper and the photo went really well with the anitque look of the papers. The flowers have been made using some red textured cardstock from Sullivans and stamped and embossed with gold embossing ink. I have used the calyx die from the Vintage Floret die to cut the calyx for the rosebuds. The leaves have been coloured using Copic markers.
Here is a close up of the flowers. The embossing made an interesting finish with the textured cardstock.
Here is the front of the flip fold album. I still need to get some lace to add on the front and it will be finished. The flowers have been made from a red cardstock that I had in my stash and I have stamped the flowers using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then after I had made the flowers I touched the edges of the petals with some gold metallic rub on which helped make them stand out more.
And here are some cards I have made. I have used a left over flower and leaves to put over the gorgeous die cut border from the Regal Borders and Pockets die.
I do like the elegance of gold and cream and made this card using the Heirloom Rectangles dies from Spellbinders dies in combination with some old gold pearlescent cardstock.
Finally this card hasn’t come together quite so well. It was the first time I had managed to do a hinged die cut card and it turned out very well. But the colour is not the true colour – it has come up more yellow than in real life. I have sponged the card in the die before removing the card from the die and I was happy with using the Colorbox chalk ink. It gave a very smooth finish.
Cardstock – CTMH Colonial White, Sullivans Red, Cardstock from my stash, Gold Pearlescent cardstock