I have recently been to a VIP Showcase where one of the make and takes was an easel card. Here is my version using the Reflections range of papers and embellished with Reflections papers, flowers, ribbon finished off with the Enchanted epoxy stickers.
To make an easel card:
1) Using a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock (here I have used CM cloud) and cut a strip of 12 x 4 inches
2) Using a scoring blade of the 12 inch rotary trimmer score at 4, 6 and inches. Fold along the score lines – like an accordion fold. I then adhered the second panel onto the top panel.
4) Adhere the white cardstock onto the top panel with a tape runner.
5) Using a decorative paper (here I have used the Reflections range) cut2 squares of 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and adhere to the white cardstock with a tape runner.
6) Decorate the front of the card with any embellishments. I have used the Reflections paper flowers and Enchanted epoxy stickers.
7) On the base panel adhere the second piece of white cardstock.
8) Adhere the second piece of decorative paper onto the white card.
9) Create a shape (can be any shape) and using Foam adhesive squares put on the shape onto the bottom panel. This needs to be raised in order to provide a ledge for the top section to sit in place creating the easel. I have also used Storybook Creator 4 to do my sentiments etc and printed them off and cut them out.
Here is the finished card
And here is a selection of cards that I have made.
I hope you have found these instructions easy to follow. Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback.