Today is Anzac Day. A time to remember all the soldiers that have served our country from World War 1 to today. (Please see related articles below which gives a much better account of the origins of Anzac Day than what I could ever do).
Even though New Zealand seems to be at the bottom of the world, we have still played a large part in the World Wars, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and recently in Afghanistan. The events over the past week in Boston reminds us that the threat of war is still really only a heartbeat away, which is a very sobering thought. It makes me wonder whether there will ever be a lasting peace in this world, and that there will always be a need for Anzac Day to remember all the fallen soldiers that have fought on our behalf.
I would like to think that we could all do our bit to make our world a better place by taking the time to be smile at the next stranger that we met and perhaps one day that will make a difference. I hope that I am not being too naive!
Have a good day and smile 🙂
- Anzac Day : Some Reflections (andrewwhalan.com)
- ANZAC Day (markconner.typepad.com)
- ANZAC day (lillchicken007.wordpress.com)
- Anzac Day Australia 2013 … (beartales.me)
- Anzac Day April 25 2013 (davearnold.me)
- Anzac Day: What happens when traditions are started by veteran not politicians (redearthbluesky.wordpress.com)
- Today is ANZAC Day, lest we forget, it is a very important day for our country (50plusandlovinglife.wordpress.com)
- Anzac Day (amesliz.wordpress.com)
- ANZAC day (monnowecountryhouse.com)
- At the going down of the Sun … Special words on Anzac Day (roxsentimental.blogspot.com)