I have done a lot of cards recently, but I did find some time to do some scrapbook layouts a couple of weeks ago. I am more of a cardmaker, but I do enjoy scrapbooking and I am so thankful that CTMH has a great range of how to books to inspire me.
For this layout I have used the Performance pattern on page 48 – 49 of the Magic book. This is the first time that I have used hand stitching on a layout and I am happy with the outcome. I am going to look at getting my sewing machine out and have a go with that as well. I have used the stitch guide to punch the holes and some embroidery floss and stitched it by hand.
I don’t normally mix up Colonial White and White Daisy but sometimes rules are meant to be broken and I am happy with how the Colonial White cardstock highlights the photos above the pink of the background papers and the White Daisy base.
Here are close ups of the flowers and butterflies. The flourish has been cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (page 59 Font Layer) and I played around in Cricut Craftroom to get the size right. The flowers are from the Artiste cartridge (page 55 Accent 1>Shift) and I have cut several different sizes to create some depth with the flowers. The butterflies are from Artbooking (page 62 Icon)and I have stamped them with using the rock and rock technique with Canary and Pixie inks with the butterfly stamp from the Brushed WOTG set. I have used the script stamp from the Armour stamp set and lightly and randomly stamped onto the Colonial White cardstock in Bamboo ink and then distressed the edges with Desert Sand ink. I love how this has turned out.
I have hidden the journalling in this pocket. Sometimes I struggle to put journalling on a layout as it seems to detract from the artwork so putting them into pockets makes it easy to create layouts.
I originally stamped this sentiment with Black ink but it didn’t look right so I then stamped the sentiment with Cotton Candy ink onto some scrap Colonial White cardstock. I fussy cut out the letters and then adhered them slightly to the left of the black letters to create a shadow and actually it looks so much better for it and I will be doing this again.
I am doing this late at night so hopefully I haven’t missed anything.